Why do spies want to control the weather? CIA helps bankroll $600,000 study
- The NAS study will explore whether geoengineering, including solar radiation management, could be used to halt climate change
- American institutions including the CIA, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and NASA are funding the study
- It is claimed that the U.S. and Chinese governments have previously manipulated the weather Continue reading
The man who gave away $7.5billion: Philanthropist who inspired Bill Gates and Warren Buffet wants all his money spent on good causes before he’s dead
– According to Sherry, “A boy approached me and told me he wanted my money, and I told him I didn’t have any money, and he said, ‘Give me your money or I’m going to kill you and I’m going to shoot your baby and kill your baby,’ and I said, I don’t have any money and don’t kill my baby!”
– The boy tried to grab her purse and then opened fire, grazing her head, when she said she tried to tell him she had no money. She said the boy then shot her in the leg.
-She continued, “And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face.”
‘We’re racist and proud’: Fury as group stages counter-demonstration against ‘Justice for Trayvon’ marches Continue reading
Expedia.com’s annual Flip Flop Report finds that Europeans are more comfortable sunbathing topless than Americans, and that the biggest concern of U.S. beachgoers is theft, not sharks. Also worth noting: 65% of respondents from around the world said Speedos were acceptable beachwear. Continue reading
11 Depressing Stats About Detroit
Earlier today, Detroit filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy, the largest municipal bankruptcy in history.
Municipal bond experts Peter Hayes and James Schwartz of Blackrock published a brief analytical note earlier this month titled “Distress In Detroit.” In it they offered some stats that would make anyone cringe.
Here are eleven of them:
- Detroit’s population has plunged 63% since 1950.
- …and it’s down 26% since 2000.
- The unemployment rate hit a high of 27.8% in July 2009.
- As of April 2013, the unemployment rate was at 16%.
- Even though the population fell 63% since 1950, the municipal workforce fell by just 40%, adding to the strain on public finances.
- Detroit has the highest violent crime rate of any large U.S. city Continue reading
America‘s Full-Blown Painkiller Epidemic Detailed In Two Minutes
Now you have t-shirts in streets of L.A. advocating murder of someone acquitted because the defense proved to the jury that what happened was not murder by racial profiling but a self-defense of Zimmerman against Trayvon Martin who tried to attack him and do him harm. Continue reading